Saturday, August 2, 2008

Yellowstone National Park, Montana

I was kinda scary yet anxious to go to this park because of the geysers that I have seen travel channel are amazing and it was indeed a remarkable experience. I was scared because of the fact that one of the largest high-altitude lakes in North America and is centered over the Yellowstone Caldera, the largest supervolcano on the continent. The caldera is considered an active volcano; it has erupted with tremendous force several times in the last two million years. Half of the world's geothermal features are in Yellowstone, fueled by this ongoing volcanism. Lava flows and rocks from volcanic eruptions cover most of the land area of Yellowstone.

For more of Yellowstone National Park, Montana





For more of my Travel photos visit My vacation Photos

1 comment:

Michael said...

Although I have never been to Yellowstone, I go to the USGS site everyday to look at the earthquake activity at Yellowstone. I live in South Texas but an eruption at Yellowstone would be a ELE event.

http://www.usgs.gov/